Home » Server Options » Data Guard » Max Performance Mode - 9i
icon13.gif  Max Performance Mode - 9i [message #218922] Mon, 12 February 2007 01:55 Go to next message
derkan
Hi all,

BACKGROUND:
I have a physical standby database(ver:9.2.0.5) at disaster center. Network connection between primary and standby is slow and not reliable. I tried to setup Dataguard with max-performance(log transfer is done with ARCH process) on a test environment.

PROBLEM:
After setup completed successfully, it worked nice until I begin to run DML statements in a loop. Primary server has 3 online redo logs and by the time all redo logs are used. What happened:

1. As the network is slow and not reliable, primary used redo#1-archived it-begin to transfer it to standby.
2. While network transfer is going on for redo#1, primary used redo#2-archived it-begin to transfer it to standby.
3. While both transfers are going on fo redos #1 an #2, oracle used redo#3 and-archived it-begin to transfer it to standby
4. Now, 3 online redo logs are in use. New DML's are executing? What will happen??? -> Primary instance freezes!!!!

QUESTIONs:
1. Is the scnerio still same for Oracle 10g?
2. Is there any patch or something to force transfer to copy files from archived redlo logs?

Regards
Re: Max Performance Mode - 9i [message #218972 is a reply to message #218922] Mon, 12 February 2007 05:33 Go to previous message
ebrian
What is the output of:

select protection_mode, protection_level from v$database;

show parameter log_archive_dest
Previous Topic: maximum protection
Next Topic: Standby Database move to different host
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 13:47:54 CDT 2024