Home » Server Options » Data Guard » Skip Tables
Skip Tables [message #216374] Fri, 26 January 2007 18:12 Go to next message
toshidas2000
All
In my Logical configuration, bunch of tables has been skipped by exec dbms_logstdby.skip and bunch of them by DBMS_LOGSTDBY.SKIP_ERROR, what is the difference??

How do I check which tables are skipped??

I checked the view DBA_LOGSTDBY_SKIP, very interesting, it has name of all schema and in name it has wild card %..

Please help.

Thanks
Toshi Das
Re: Skip Tables [message #216421 is a reply to message #216374] Sat, 27 January 2007 09:13 Go to previous message
email.sandeepnaik
DBMS_LOGSTDBY.SKIP_ERROR -->
This procedure can be used to skip a transaction that has failed and, as a result, caused logical apply to stop.

DBMS_LOGSTDBY.SKIP -->
By default, all SQL statements executed on a primary database are applied to a logical standby database. If only a subset of activity on a primary database is of interest for replication, use the DBMS_LOGSTDBY.SKIP procedure to define filters that prevent the application of SQL statements on the logical standby database.

DBA_LOGSTDBY_SKIP view -->
Lists the DML and DDL that is to be skipped. This view reflects the options chosen by the DBMS_LOGSTDBY.SKIP and the DBMS_LOGSTDBY.SKIP_ERROR procedures. The DBA_LOGSTDBY_SKIP view does not list tables.
Previous Topic: Alter tablespace with dataguard
Next Topic: Error in sending logs to standby
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:35:27 CDT 2024