Home » Server Options » Data Guard » How to disable transfers of LOGS to standby database
How to disable transfers of LOGS to standby database [message #178813] Thu, 22 June 2006 21:53 Go to next message
dlore

Hi Guru,

Does anyone knows how to cancel the transferring of logs to one my standby database?.. Because one of my standby database server is down and I'm continously received this error "ORA-12505: TNS:listener could not resolve SID given in connect descriptor". I have an idea that it may have something to do with "log_archive_dest_2" parameter.. How can I disable that?..

Guru's out there please help..

Thanks,
~DLORE
Re: How to disable transfers of LOGS to standby database [message #178927 is a reply to message #178813] Fri, 23 June 2006 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
Try:

SQL> ALTER SYSTEM SET log_archive_dest_state_2 = DEFER;

System altered.

DEFER = Specifies that valid destination information and attributes are preserved, but the destination is excluded from archiving operations until re-enabled.
Re: How to disable transfers of LOGS to standby database [message #179178 is a reply to message #178813] Mon, 26 June 2006 04:13 Go to previous message
dlore

Thanks Frank,

I have set log_archive_dest_state_2=DEFER, now it does'nt send the archived logs to the standby database.. Thank you very much Frank!.. Razz
Previous Topic: query on cluster database
Next Topic: DBNAME and SID of standby database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 03:19:02 CDT 2024