Home » Server Options » Text & interMedia » Are the following characters supported in oracle 8i
Are the following characters supported in oracle 8i [message #76163] Thu, 16 December 2004 00:45 Go to next message
rajeshwari
The following characters are getting inserted into the database of oracle 8i in different format.The nls_character set=UTF8 is used.
input:

Οµάδα σαλαφιστών µαχητών και ιεροκηρύκων

Ισλαικό ΊδρυαΙσ

inserted into table as:

?µάδα ?αλα?ι???ν µα?η??ν και ιεϿοκηϿϿκ?ν

??????? ?????

what changes has to be done to insert the above mentioned records into the database in the same format.
Re: Are the following characters supported in oracle 8i [message #76164 is a reply to message #76163] Thu, 16 December 2004 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just John
I guess at Yes - look at NLS (National Language support(?)) formats they should have one that fits you.
Re: Are the following characters supported in oracle 8i [message #76166 is a reply to message #76164] Thu, 16 December 2004 18:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rajeshwari.S.H
hi,

Thanks for ur reply.I have tried with many NLS. I tried with UTF-8 also.I need to load this data from informatica to datbase.Apart from these characters,i have many other language characters.The others are coming properly in the database.Only these are the problem.

Can u plz suggest some other NLS which supports all the Multi Lingual characters?

thanks,
Re: Are the following characters supported in oracle 8i [message #76168 is a reply to message #76166] Sat, 18 December 2004 08:16 Go to previous message
Just John
Sorry I have never used them - just know about them.

Best look at Oracle.com

(sorry)
Previous Topic: table with sequnce
Next Topic: versions of orcle
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:27:43 CDT 2024