Home » Server Options » Replication » replication with data transformations
replication with data transformations [message #75065] Fri, 15 June 2001 02:04 Go to next message
David
I've got a bit of an unusual replication problem: I need to replicate a database and convert a certain amount of column values automatically during this operation. I was thinking along the lines of setting up triggers on the replicated database to perform this action. Has anybody ever tried this sort of soution or have any ideas of how to handle the problem. I have to use replication because I'm running on real time and need access to two identical databases that run on different currencies.
Thanks for any ideas.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: replication with data transformations [message #75081 is a reply to message #75065] Thu, 26 July 2001 20:20 Go to previous message
andrew again
My replication is a little rusty, but I seem to remember being able to do a complex snapshot which is like replicating a view (joins etc allowed with restrictions). Also - a Materialized View is virtually identical to replication snapshots, so you could set up a MV and then replicate that if necessary?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Previous Topic: Oracle Image Replication - In Need Of An Expert!!!
Next Topic: cannot add snapshot object to snapshot group
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 04:22:29 CDT 2024