Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Database connectivity
Database connectivity [message #52561] Tue, 30 July 2002 03:16 Go to next message
annu
I want to connect an oracle database with another database. My database is not included in my local network, So i think it will be connect through dialup. How i can creat a dialup connection and connect the both databses for data manupulation ?
Re: Database connectivity [message #52565 is a reply to message #52561] Tue, 30 July 2002 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
to connect to different remote datbases using sql*plus
just add entries in your tnsnames.ora.
if you want to do some manipulations in other database from a database, then create a DBLink.
Re: Database connectivity [message #52567 is a reply to message #52561] Tue, 30 July 2002 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sanjay
Since you want to use dial-up, make the entry in the tnsnames.ora file. Make sure that the server/database is accessible when connected through dial-up (i.e resolves the name of the server and database). Then create a DBLink.

When you want to get data from remote DB,
1. dial-up
2. get data through DBLink.
Re: Database connectivity [message #52592 is a reply to message #52561] Tue, 30 July 2002 22:26 Go to previous message
annu
Fine .. i understand what u wanna say here . but i have a another problem is ... i have just three servers which have included modems .. and all are email and network servers, But my database server? It has no modem in it .. Can u give me some idea how i can connect my location databse server using my email server .. is there any tool use to connect email server to local database server then connect to location database server ? ..

example :

[[local db server]] <--->[[email server]] <---> [[location db server]]

i mean the dial up should be creat on local end .. when request send it connect to email server and force it to connect location db server .. is it possible .. or whatever u suggest me in this condition ..

Annu
Previous Topic: Tablespaces and Users
Next Topic: Kill a session
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 14:02:49 CDT 2024