Home » Server Options » Data Guard » Dataguard - windows to Aix (logical) (Oracle 10.2.03)
Dataguard - windows to Aix (logical) [message #479525] Mon, 18 October 2010 04:20 Go to next message
laytham
Hi

I have a Windows 2003 server with Oracle 10.2.03 database residing in one datacentre, with Dataguard configured to a physical standby in a similar location (proven process that works great).

I now have a requirement to transfer and synchronize the same live database to a database in a different country (AIX box), purely for data purposes not failover etc. I can transfer an export of the Database and have this up and running as a logical database of the live on AIX, but is it then possible to configure dataguard on the Windows server to also send updates to this logical database on the AIX system? Thus keeping them in sync with each other?
thanks
Re: Dataguard - windows to Aix (logical) [message #479578 is a reply to message #479525] Mon, 18 October 2010 07:20 Go to previous message
John Watson
This sounds like Streams. It can be bit complicated.

[Updated on: Mon, 18 October 2010 07:20]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: ARCH wait on SENDREQ while configured with LGWR ASYNC attributes
Next Topic: Dataguard Stand by activation error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:57:15 CDT 2024