Home » Server Options » Text & interMedia » ORA-29855: error occurred in the execution of ODCIINDEXCREATE routine
ORA-29855: error occurred in the execution of ODCIINDEXCREATE routine [message #314042] Tue, 15 April 2008 11:55 Go to next message
navkrish

When i try to create context index on a table using below command

CREATE INDEX tx_id_temp ON search_attributes_temp
(bus_name)
INDEXTYPE IS ctxsys.CONTEXT

i am getting error

CREATE INDEX tx_id_temp ON search_attributes_temp
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-29855: error occurred in the execution of ODCIINDEXCREATE routine
ORA-20000: Oracle Text error:
DRG-10507: duplicate index name: TX_ID_TEMP
ORA-06512: at "CTXSYS.DRUE", line 157
ORA-06512: at "CTXSYS.TEXTINDEXMETHODS", line 219

But when I search for this index using sql

select * 
  from all_objects 
 where object_name = 'TX_ID_TEMP'

I can see it created....

confused..

even i tried with dropping the index..same error

[Updated on: Tue, 15 April 2008 11:56]

Report message to a moderator

Re: ORA-29855: error occurred in the execution of ODCIINDEXCREATE routine [message #314085 is a reply to message #314042] Tue, 15 April 2008 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Barbara Boehmer
First make sure that tx_id_temp is not an index on another table. Then you can try:

DROP INDEX tx_id_temp FORCE;

If you suspect that the index was created using double quotes that might have made the name case-sensitive, then try things like:

DROP INDEX "tx_id_temp";

or

DROP INDEX "Tx_ID_Temp";

If you do not yet have data in your table, you may be able to solve the problem by dropping the table, which should drop the index with it.

Sometimes, when things go wrong there are pieces of objects associated with an index left and it can be difficult to thoroughly clean up all of the pieces. You may end up being better off with a new table name and new index name to avoid future problems.

Re: ORA-29855: error occurred in the execution of ODCIINDEXCREATE routine [message #314087 is a reply to message #314042] Tue, 15 April 2008 15:19 Go to previous message
Barbara Boehmer
One more thing. Make sure that you have not just done:

CREATE INDEX ... ;
/

If so, the semi-colon (;) would execute the create statement once and the slash (/) would execute the same statement a second time, which would produce the error, since the index was already created the first time.
Previous Topic: Trying to create Index with Multi column Datastore parameter gives error
Next Topic: Source of the hit on a concatenated datastore?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:19:33 CDT 2024